Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blogger Tutorial--How to Add an "Email Me" Link to Your Blog

Enter to win a Black Mini-Medley!  Go HERE to enter.  I'll definitely be drawing a winner soon, so thanks to my new followers and contest entrants.  I so appreciate you visiting.

No scrapbooking in this post.  One of the most difficult things about setting up a blog is figuring out how to do all the cool "stuff" you see on other blogs.  Today, I'm going to walk you through how to add an "email me" link to your blog, complete with pictures.  Be sure to click on the individual pics if you need to "embiggen" them and see the detail a little more closely.

Step 1.  Log in to your blogger account and go to your Design section..  Here's what mine looks like (click on pic to make it bigger.):

Step 2.  Click on the Add a Gadget link (usually in one of your side columns) and you'll get a pop up window that looks something like this:

Step 3:  Scroll down the gadget listing until you get one that says "Text" and click on the little plus sign next to it.  The first picture below shows the text gadget before you click on it, and the second one shows it when it is open.
Step 4.  In the next picture, copy exactly what I've typed in the text box, only substitute YOUR email for mine!
Here's what you'll type (without the quotation marks at the beginning and end--see the example in the pic) "<a href="mailto:youremail@email.com">Email Me </a>"

Instead of Email Me, you could also type in something like Contact Me, or whatever you want!

Click on Save, and Voila--a link to your email.   

Would you like more blogger tutorials?  Let me know what you would like to learn by leaving me a comment.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks! Very easy to follow and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to more of these! THIS I can understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Suz! I would love more blogging tutorials. I tend to be a very "visual learner"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is VERY helpful. Thank you!! I would love to learn more --- just have to think about what I want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Suz!!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge (: I will definitely check back for other tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suz
    I am a very visual person and this was really well put together and easy to follow..

    Can you do one for adding your Signature to Images I have been searching every where for this one.. and have not come up with what I am looking for..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely check back for more. I always enjoy learning something new and useful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!