Monday, January 17, 2011

Brave Girls

Happy MLK, Jr. Day!  Hope you had a restful, joyful weekend.

I haven't been as scrappy lately because I've been working on some very specific projects.  The first is for a wonderful online class I'm taking called Soul Restoration, and it is developed by the ladies who run the Brave Girls Club.  I really debated with myself about taking the class--for several months actually--and then signed up just a handful of days before it was scheduled to start.  I had all the usual excuses as to why I couldn't take it--I'm too busy, it's too expensive, I won't get anything out of it--you know--the tricks we use to cheat ourselves out of thinking we deserve a really wonderful experience!

And it is GREAT!  The bonus is, it has assignments that are arty and scrappy and meaningful.  If I had signed up early enough, I could have bought a kit to go with the class, but I'm glad I didn't because I got to make myself a couple of journals and books to do the assignments with.  While I won't be sharing much of this, here, at least is the cover of the first book I'm working on


Polka dots!  A favorite of mine.

The other thing I've been working on is Valentines for a CTMH Valentines blog hop coming up in February...so...can't share that, yet!

Fortunately, I have some Guest Designers living right in my very own home, and they have been joyfully creating, so I can share those things with you in the upcoming days.  I'm also putting the finishing touches on another Blogger tutorial, so will share that later this week, too.

Make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!