Monday, February 7, 2011

14 Days of Valentines--Day #7: How do I Love Thee??

This card is based on the Merry Go Round pattern in the Wishes card book. I love Wishes; if you don't have a copy--don't sit on the fence any longer! Soooo much inspiration, both in terms of layout ideas and color combos!  I just got it myself this past week, and I. Am. In. Love!


For this card, I printed out Elizabeth Barrett Browning's How do I Love Thee? in a free dafont.com font called quid pro quo on lightweight presentation paper. Then, I used a 4" circle template and cut out a circular bit of the poem.  The rest of the elements are all CTMH.  Be sure to click on the picture to get a better view of the poem ; )  ETA:  the stamp ink color is a little washed out in the pic--it is actually much darker in person and matches the ribbon and brads....

  • 4 1/2 circle card base
  • black cardstock
  • ribbon and brads from the tulip mini-medley
  • black waxy flax
  •  heart stamp from the Amore stamp set
  • Ink is Black and Tulip.

4 comments:

  1. Susan -

    Awww - one of my favorite poems! Beautiful card - I always have trouble with round cards for some reason. I guess I just think in squares - LOL!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! This is a very striking card. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card!! Very elegant and I love the poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best phrase ever! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!