Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mum's Day Card

My Mom is NOT the sentimental type.  She likes humor and fun and a little bit of goofiness.  She is also the dog-mum to an adorable Westie.  So, when I saw the A BowWow stamp set, I knew I had to have it!  Perfect for my mum for Mom's Day.  I teamed it up with some Copics (colors: BG 72 and 75, Y 23 and 26, CG 00 and 01) and the Florentine Paper packet.  First, I used the Twilight card stock to create a 4.25 x 5.5" card.  On a piece of the twilight patterned paper, I randomly stamped words such as "mother", "elegant", "goofy", "xceptional" etc on it using the Keepsake Alphabet stamp set and Twilight Ink.

On top of this, I layered my image, stamped in Black Memento Ink on Neenah Classic Crest paper, on one of the Goldrush patterned papers from the Florentine pack, and rounded two of the corners. (approx cut--3.5" x 3.75"  For the inside of my card, I cut a tag using the Art Philosophy cartridge, and stamped the bone on the corners in Goldrush Ink, stamped the dog image again, and then wonkily covered up everything but his head w/ the tag.  In the center, I stamped the sentiment in Twilight Ink.

Outside are buttons tied up w/ Waxy Flax to complete the look.  It is a perfect match for my mom's personality!  Love this card and the A BowWow stamp set....useful for so many different occasions!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!