Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bind-it-All + CTMH: And a Happy Mother's Day to All

I've had my little Bind-it-All2 for over a year and have used it a wee bit, but wanted to step up my game a little, so signed up for the Bind-it-all classes on MyCreativeClassroom.com.  They're inexpensive ($25 a class), so I figured I had nothing to lose. 

So far, I'm three weeks in to the first class, BIA 101, and I can definitely attest to the fact that I've already learned quite a bit.  I've completed two projects from the class:  a BIA punching guide (super cute, with lots of "reminders" to using the BIA effectively).  I used some Close to my Heart Stash papers...this set is actually 2011's Christmas paper packet--Believe!  Love that it can be used for non-Christmasy projects:

(excuse the slight blurriness...some technical difficulties shrinking the photo down for the web)


Then, I made a darling, tiny 3 x 4 mini album using current papers---one of my faves from the current catty--Stella.  Also used the Stella Complements Canvas Shapes accessory pack--they're so much fun...


I'm really looking forward to finishing this 4 week class w/ a few more mini's, and then moving on to the more advanced BIA class.  I love little tiny treasure books, and using my stash to create them!

On the homefront...I'm almost finished knitting a shawl...and then will embark on the second sock of a great pair of socks I'm making.  I've got so many projects in the queue impatiently waiting for me to cast on, I can't believe it!  I'm in a frenzy of knitting these days.  There's nothing better than petting yarn whilst knitting....

I also spent today at a cheese-making class!  That was GREAT!  Mister and I have become more and more interested in eating "local" as well as making our own food so we know where it comes from....no preservatives or unnecessary ingredients...Don't get me wrong.  I'm SO grateful we have the technology to make food last long enough to get to market---such a boon in our modern age...but when it is sooooo easy to make yogurt, cheese and bread at home, we figure, why not?  We're able to get stone-ground grains from Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukee, OR, raw and low-heat pasteurized milks from local farms, as well as CSA shares (community supported agriculture) from organic farmers locally, that it would be a shame to pass those resources up.  Plus, it's a wonderful hobby for us to share...creating delicious foods from quality ingredients! 

Finally--Happy Mother's Day to all you busy moms out there!  I had some bittersweet moments eating breakfast at Bob's today watching all the young moms w/ their adorable tots.  My, how the years have flown w/ our own "three ring circus"--the daughters three!  Hard to believe they're 25, 22, and 19.  They've been such a blessing to Mister and me, and I can say without reservation that EVERY day is mother's day around the Winter household thanks to my sweet daughters!  I love you, ladies.  Thanks for blessing me every day w/ wonderment and joy and laughter.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!