Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Amalfi Coast and Sunkissed Citrus Review

Are you a citrus lover?  I am.  Problem is, finding citrus scents for my home that don't smell like Pledge or some other cleaner for my home.  I've never found one in the mall-brand (you know who I'm talking about!!!) that I just really loved.  Scentsy, however, really rocks the citrus world, imo.  Today, I'm reviewing two of them that I absolutely love.  First up:

Amalfi Coast
Scentsy describes Amalfi Coast as "A warm afternoon in a sun-drenched Italian citrus grove: sparkling pomelo, white grapefruit, Capri lime."

Really, it is hard to top that description!  Warmed, I get lots and lots of tart grapefruit with just a hint of sweet citrus to balance.  I love it so much, I have a scent circle in my car.  YUM!  It is a 10+ in my scent rating and the throw I would rate as medium.

The only downside to the Scentsy citruses is they lack the staying power of most of Scentsy scents.  But, I have the same problem w/ citrus-based scents in other brands, too, so it must be a citrus-thing.  Expect 4-8 of good strong scent from a cube.

Scent Rating: 10
Throw Rating: Medium
Lasting Power--low


Sunkissed Citrus
Scentsy's Description?   A lively blend of oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruit.

Sunkissed Citrus, to me, is another citrus winner.  I get a LOT of orange out of this one, and it is definitely a bit sweeter than Amalfi Coast.  The top note is very warm and sunny, almost like there is a tiny hint of vanilla in it, although the description doesn't support that theory ; )

There's no hint of orange cleaner in this one, thank goodness--just lots of pure, warm citrus.  I give this one a 9.  I do love it, but I reserve the 10 rating for scents that send me over the moon!  The throw is quite good--Medium, but like Amalfi Coast, Sunkissed Citrus doesn't have a huge staying power.  Again, expect 4-8 hours of scent from a cube.  Still, not bad, considering there are 7 more cubes in the pack awaiting the warmer!

Scent Rating: 9
Throw Rating: Medium
Lasting Power--low


Check out my new ScentReview site/blog:  http://scentreview.us and http://scentreview.us/scent-reviews.html   Eventually, I hope to just have all my reviews over there ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!